No PoP

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rebirthoflegend 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mrbill
    Participant

Hello, My BreakMate quit putting out water. I thought it might be froze so I unplugged it for a couple days and when I turned it back on it had water. Waited a day and now no water again. Do have syrup tho. I asked in Yahoo group and someone suggested checking to see if there’s water in the bottom of the machine. There is not. Any ideas?
    Thanks,

Bill

rebirthoflegend
    Participant

maybe the line to the reservoir is clogged? I haven’t opened one in a while but I know there is a tank where it keeps water cold and adds C02 to it. If you run from the house directly to the machine without an inline filter it’s possible there is a clog in the line somewhere. You can try replacing the tubing from the water input area to the tank.

Just a rough idea though, That’s where I would investigate. A possible reason it could of been intermittent is becasue if the line is partially clogged it would be easier for it to freeze over if the diameter is smaller. You might also be able to just turn it off for a few days to get it cycling again then run vinegar or something through the machine which might erode whatever is clogging the line.

I’m not an expert though, hopefully Matt might pop in here and some point and give better insight.

mrbill
    Participant

I did do all that with the water line. No vinegar tho. I ended up cleaning off all the electrical contacts with contact cleaner. Didn’t seem to work. Then like a couple weeks ago I plugged it back in again, And IT WORKS!!!! Been working since. So still not too sure what it was. But am going to change out the filter. I did unhook it from BM and saw there was a healthy stream of water running thru it. But as you know, these machines are getting old and I’m sure it would be good to replace the filter.
    THANKS,
    Bill

rebirthoflegend
    Participant

Well happy to hear it works now even if the mystery remains unsolved!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.