How does it dispense syrup?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rebirthoflegend 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rebirthoflegend
    Participant

Hi,

I was curious how the Breakmate releases syrup?  My best guess is that when you hit a button a magnet lifts up the doser valve by the metal band around it.  Is that correct or is it something else?

insaneiaq
    Participant

I think you’re correct.  I know they’re magnetically controlled, and that seems about the only way to make them work.

rebirthoflegend
    Participant

yeah mine currently isn’t working for some reason and I just ripped it apart tonight.  There is indeed 3 magnetic coils placed behind each valve.

Matthew Hilton
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late response.  Yes, they are magnetically controlled “lifters” (also known as dosers).  When a current is applied, the magnetic inside the doser lifts up and ‘doses’ the syrup based on the size selected.  One “shot” for a small glass, two “shots” (or lifts, if you will) for the medium size, and three “shots” for the largest size (~4 oz, ~6.5oz, ~10z).

Very simple, mechanically, so if you have one magnetic coil pack that isn’t working – how to test – swap a ‘good’ one into the ‘bad’ place… does the good one now stop functioning?  If so, the wiring might be bad there.  If the good one continues to work, it may be that the coil pack may be defective.  Try it in the known good spot to confirm.  If it’s failed, I can get you a refurbished/used one.

rebirthoflegend
    Participant

yeah I managed to get that part of my machine working now.  It was an idle curiosity I had while I was working on some other stuff.  I had a bad fuse in the EC board then I had to clean some stuff out.  Currently the compressor is lacking freon so it doesn’t get cold, and in what I believe is related, the soda is almost flat when it comes out.  So I’m getting freon put into it, but if that doesn’t work its on to figuring out how to make the CO2 do more.

Matthew Hilton
    Keymaster

the carbonation of the soda water absolutely needs the water to be very cold in order to “bubble”.

Warm water does not absorb the CO2 well – so in return you get a ‘flat’ soda.

The breakmate works by taking the normal temp water, placing it into a temporary container (the reservoir if you will) and there is an ice-block ‘around’ the container.  This cools the water to just about freezing and the CO2 is mixed in.

So, if your machine isn’t chilling the container (i’m not sure why i’m forgetting the dang proper name for it right now… sigh) your soda will be flat for sure.

I do have parts if you need them, so keep us posted.

rebirthoflegend
    Participant

Will do.  Currently still waiting for the HVAC place I am using to actually do it.  They are busy and doing it as a favor so I’ve waited like a month already 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.